N-ZORBIT M is a tapioca maltodextrin derived from tapioca that has been specially designed to have a very low bulk density. It dissolves completely when in contact with any aqueous medium. This product is primarily used to increase the volume of dry mixes and frozen foods. In addition, this bland tasting maltodextrin functions excellently as a dispersant for dry ingredients in low solids preparations. It can stabilize high-fat ingredients which can then be transformed into powders.
If you have access to Tapioca Maltodextrin there are a lot of cool things you can turn into powders. This product will only turn high fat items, such as bacon fat, duck fat, olive oil, and truffle oil into powders; the best thing is that those powders will turn back into a liquid as soon as it hits your tongue.
Truffle Bacon Salt
32g or 1.12oz Bacon Fat (warm)
6g or 0.21oz Truffle Oil
25g or 0.88oz Tapioca Maltodextrin
1.5g or ~2t Cornstarch (Prevents Clumping)
5g or .17oz Fine Sea Salt
- Combine fats/oils and keep fluid.
- Put tapioca maltodextrin into a food processor.
- Turn food processor on medium speed and stream in fats.
- This mix should remain in powder form, if not add a little more maltodextrin.
- Stop the mixture then pulse in the cornstarch and salt.
- Push this mixture through a tammy or a a mesh sieve to make the mixture lighter.