Rich, creamy, nutty, and delicious are a few ways to describe this silky smooth dressing that melts in your mouth.
Brown Butter Vinaigrette
1/2C Sherry Vinegar
1/2C Sliced Almonds
1T Palm Sugar
2t Mushroom Powder (acts as an emulsifier)
- Prepare an ice bath.
- Start by putting the whole butter into a pot and place over medium heat. Once melted, watch the butter carefully as it browns. Have a pan ready to pour the butter into.
- Once the butter has browned, pour into a new pan and place it into the ice bath. Stir the butter as it cools for a couple of minutes, do not let it solidify.
- Combine everything except the butter and water, into a blender and puree until smooth. If you do not have mushroom powder than ginger powder or dry mustard will help keep this dressing emulsified.
- Stream in half of the butter while the blender is on, followed by half the water.
- Add the remaining butter while the blender is running, followed by the remaining water.
- Check seasoning and enjoy!
This dressing will firm up in the fridge, all you should need to do is shake it up and it will be fluid. This dressing is a great accompaniment to fish, pork, and chicken. It would go great on a salad with almonds, and fresh fruit like peaches or apples.