Homemade Truffle Sea Salt
This is a very heavy black truffle blend of sea salt that we make. We start with a french style sea salt that is pretty moist and add sliced black truffles.
8oz Sea Salt
3oz Sliced Black Truffles (Drained)
- Drain the truffles in cheesecloth and squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- Preheat your oven to the lowest setting, 150°F is ideal but 200°F will work.
- Place 1/4 of the salt and the truffles in a food processor and pulse until the truffles are roughly the same size as the salt granules.
- Add the remaining sea salt and pulse until incorporated, do not over pulse or the salt will be too fine.
- Place the salt on a metal tray and dry in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Store in a sealed container, do not use immediately. The salt will smell a little musty from the truffles and they need to sit for a while to flavor the salt.