If you have access to Tapioca Maltodextrin there are a lot of cool things you can turn into powders. This product will only turn high fat items, such as bacon fat, duck fat, olive oil, and truffle oil into powders; the best thing is that those powders will turn back into a liquid as soon as it hits your tongue.
Truffle Bacon Salt
32g or 1.12oz Bacon Fat (warm)
6g or 0.21oz Truffle Oil
25g or 0.88oz Tapioca Maltodextrin
1.5g or ~2t Cornstarch (Prevents Clumping)
5g or .17oz Fine Sea Salt
- Combine fats/oils and keep fluid.
- Put tapioca maltodextrin into a food processor.
- Turn food processor on medium speed and stream in fats.
- This mix should remain in powder form, if not add a little more maltodextrin.
- Stop the mixture then pulse in the cornstarch and salt.
- Push this mixture through a tammy or a a mesh sieve to make the mixture lighter.