It’s that time of the year to start baking little gingerbread men and dressing them up! This is by far the best cookie to decorate around the holiday season. Mind you that the photos shown are for a recipe four times this size, a kitchen aid can handle four to five cups of flour.
11oz Butter (softened)
8oz Brown Sugar
1t Baking Soda
1/2t Cloves, ground
1#8oz Pastry Flour (If you do not have go here)
- Combine the first set of ingredients and cream with the paddle attachment of your mixer.
- Combine eggs and molasses, slowly add to creamed sugar a little at a time. Once half of the eggs are added, stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add remaining half of eggs then stop the mixer and scrape bottom and sides, mix briefly to incorporate everything.
- Sift and add flour, mix until incorporated.
- Wrap the dough with parchment paper and plastic, refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Cut your dough into a manageable length and roll out onto a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake the little men (or women) at 325°F for about 8 minutes then rotate your tray and bake for another 6-8 minutes, if you do not have a fan in your oven this may take a little longer.