I have always been fascinated with mushrooms and love to eat them. One day I went into my cooler and noticed a little fuzz on the base of our oyster mushrooms so I decided to put them in a slurry of wood chips and water. This experiment is to try and grow one of the easiest mushrooms to grow at my house.
- The fungi has started to grow quickly.
- If there is too much water then the wood will start to rot and mold and the whole project would be ruined.
- After a week in there has been a lot of growth so we will move the fungi into a larger container to allow for even more growth.
This round of experimenting is done, we did not boil the wood chips, which we should have to sanitize them, so there was some un-wanted mold growing. Round two will involve cardboard and coffee grounds.